We believe that the Bible is clear regarding the parents’ responsibility of training and educating their children. The New Testament also indicates a partnership role for the Church to play in discipling and evangelizing. Cornerstone Christian Academy takes this role seriously and fulfills this mission unabashedly.
It is for this reason that CCA may appeal primarily to Christian parents seeking support of their beliefs, values and goals consistent with those demonstrated at home.
This is not to say that you must be a Christian to experience the benefits of the CCA experience but with dissimilar belief systems, there are many more opportunities for expectations to differ from which conflict may arise.
This is why we prayerfully and carefully evaluate applications from families who do not profess Christ. As an admitted family and student of CCA, you are acknowledging and encouraging CCA to teach and support you and your student(s) according to this clear and consistent Christian philosophy. Furthermore, you are a partner, and as such, are agreeing to support our joint mission during the time your student(s) are not at school.
1. WE BELIEVE the Bible to be the only inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (II Timothy 3:15; II Peter 1:21)
2. WE BELIEVE there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30)
3. WE BELIEVE in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His bodily resurrection (John 11:25; I Corinthians 15:4); His physical ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
4. WE BELIEVE in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16-19; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
5. WE BELIEVE in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
6. WE BELIEVE in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28)
7. WE BELIEVE in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
8. WE BELIEVE in the creation of man and the world by the direct act of God (Genesis 1:26-28; 5:1-2), and that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity should be engaged in outside of marriage between a man and a woman. We also believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery and pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex (Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:26-29; I Corinthians 5:1; 6:9).